[features_box_blue width=”95%” + border=”2px”]
Installation Issues and Adobe Air Problem Solving
First, we have changed the delivery file so that the actual installer is now inside a zip file. So when you download the zip file, please extract the contents to a folder on your computer somewhere (and remember where you extracted it to!) Once extracted, you will see a text file and an AIR file. The AIR file is the installer. You will need to have Adobe Air installed on your computer in order for the installer to function correctly.
After making sure that you have Adobe Air installed, please locate and right-click on the AIR file, and select “Install With Adobe Air” from the context menu. If you don’t see that option, please double-click on the *.air installer file that you downloaded.
If everything is set up properly on your computer, you should see a small popup screen like this:
Please click “Install”. Then you’ll see another dialog that looks something like this:
Please click “Continue” and allow the installer to do its work. If you’re on Windows 7, you may be asked to allow Administrative access to your computer, this is normal so please click OK/Yes and allow the installer to complete the installation.
Some customers have been able to solve issues at installation by right-clicking on the AIR installation file (VICPro.air which is inside the zip file you downloaded) and then selecting “Install with Adobe Air” from the popup context menu. Please try this first IF you have Adobe air installed on your computer. Hopefully that will solve your problem, but if not, do the following:
If you attempt to go through all the steps above and you can’t get the program to install, or you don’t see the install screens in the pictures above, please execute the following procedure to synchronize your computer’s Adobe Air system:
Please follow the following sequence without omitting any step, to get the best results:
- Go to add/remove programs on your system and uninstall Adobe Air – remove it completely.
- Delete any *.air installers you may have downloaded because your system may have corrupted them (just delete the installer files, don’t uninstall any programs).
- Reboot your computer.
- Go to http://get.adobe.com/air and get and install the latest version of Adobe Air. (You may have already done this recently but please do it again after uninstalling and rebooting just to make sure you are up to date with the latest Air, because they improve the code sometimes on a daily basis.)
- Reboot your computer again.
- Download the installer from the here and save it to your computer.
- Double click the file you downloaded in the previous step to run the installer
- With any luck, the installer will now open and you can choose to install Viral Image Curator Pro.
This has helped many a Windows-based customer get their system right to accept software designed with Adobe Air.